THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Glitzy Paper Doll Card...

As you may have noticed in my projects,  I love a lot of stamping in my cards so, to incorporate a die cut paper doll (or any other die-cut image) is always a challenge to me just because, I should select the right paper and colors and piece them together.  When I can color an image, I felt I have better control... but then, I have ton of Cricut cartridges and most of them I haven't used yet and my hubby is starting to wonder whether they are just for display...LOL.  So, I used one of my fave Cricut Carts (Everyday Paper Dolls) and walah, this card was born...


GLITZY-CUTIE PIE DOLL CARD:
Before I decided to use the stickles on this doll, everything about the doll seemed pretty dull to me but a little glitter here and there and this card went from simple to amazing.  Love those button embossing border from Cuttlebug too.  I decided to wet embossed my sentiment (from Studio G) and it turned out great. I don't know why I am crazy with stitching the past few months but yes, I wanted to run my cards on the sewing machine most of the time.  I thought I was done but  I am happy I added the dew drops as it sure made the card pop.


GLITZY-CUTIE PIE DOLL CARD (INSIDE PANEL):
I don't even remember which paper stack this designer paper came from but sure love it.  Love the colors of the polka dots...made me happy!


GLITZY-CUTIE PIE DOLL CARD (WITH ENVELOPE):
My oh my, this card is pretty thick and just as I thought I am okay to use the pre-made envelope, it would not really fit so, I handmade an envelope for this card.  It's .25 inch thick (A7) and holds the card perfectly.  So happy with the result!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...