THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A True Friend (Bear and Porcupine) Card...

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  It's a hot, hot day out here in Texas!  I've been wanting to go out and window shop but every time I would think of getting into my truck after it's been parked out in the sun, it dismisses my idea of having fun shopping.  Anyway, I made a card last night and finished the envelope just a few minutes ago.   I must say, I have to deprive myself of some sleep time in order to do what I love to do...Though I'm sleepy today, I am so proud of what I've accomplished.  I used a Kraft CS base and two DP's from DCWV (Stack No. 7).  This hilarious image is from Dustin Pike Digi Stamps that I colored with my Prismacolor and ProMarkers.  I distressed around the image with  the Vintage Photo Distress Ink.   I had to find a sentiment that would best capture the image and I found one online (I didn't find the name of the author of the sentiment/quote).  For the tree, I used my Gypsy to cut this tree from the Serenade Cartridge.  I love the images in that cart...Pure awesomeness!  I used my Cuttlebug embossing for added dimension to the tree trunk and the leaves, adhered some gems and lastly, I did sewing all over this card including the panels in the envelope-box.  Although a lot of work, I totally enjoyed this project.  Hope you like it too. This card is entered into the following Challenges:


A TRUE FRIEND (BEAR AND PORCUPINE) CARD:


A TRUE FRIEND (BEAR AND PORCUPINE) CARD LAYERS: 


A TRUE FRIEND (BEAR AND PORCUPINE) CARD INSIDE:


A TRUE FRIEND (BEAR AND PORCUPINE) CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX: 

So, what do you think?  Please place your comments as I really love to read them.  Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and remember that Jesus cares about you more than you ever know.  God bless, you guys!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this image, fab card. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific card! Love the tree and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. The image is one of my favorites. (I could only think of using "Warm Wishes" for a sentiment - yours is brilliant, still laughing!) Hope you do well in the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for the wonderful comments on my card and for stopping by...

    @Lee Mae...Yes, I have to search all over the place just to find the perfect sentiment for this image. Out of the three I considered, my hubby and I agreed on this one...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous image!! Love how he is toasting the marshmallows. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Whimsie Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this image and what you've done with it - great job!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Pike's Playground ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree is great but the sentiment is perfect. Fab card, you did a glorious job.

    Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...