THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I Need an Eight Day Card---Join us for our Final Challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions featuring Color! New Site is Up beginning January 6, 2013!

Merry CHRISTmas, everyone!  I can't believe I was able to make a card in time for this day.  Just can't tell you how busy the whole month of December for me was and still a lot more to do.  Well, I must say that many sleepless nights were included in order to meet deadlines.  Nevertheless, I love making cards and the part I enjoy the most is coloring the images.  It always takes me back to my younger days, but of course, with more expensive coloring markers...LOL  

So, what is the meaning of Christmas?  Traditions has led us astray in many ways in watering down what the true reason for celebrating this day.  We have exchanged the true reason for the season in sensationalizing Santa, snowmen, gingerbreads and many others.  I am not saying these are bad things but it's when we capitalize on those and fail to tell our kids what's the importance of this day that can make it or break it.  That it's all about JESUS!  The birth of the Messiah and how He came to the world to save us all from eternal damnation.  That this God-Man emptied Himself of all the glory of His Kingdom and chose to put on Him the sins of the whole world to be with men.  And because of His death, burial and resurrection, all who believed in Him has a bright future ahead and will never taste eternal death.  I have learned of the many discrepancies about Jesus' birth as told by religious traditions compared to the infallible Word of God and I can be dogmatic about it but I choose to not capitalize on the discrepancies (yet, I will tell the truth to any who wish to know) but to center in to the sole purpose of the coming of our Messiah---our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!---It's the message of His great love---immeasurable, undeniable, eternal!  The scripture says it all in these verses:

"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." (1 John 3:16)

It's truly an amazing story of love---Jesus!  Anyway, I would like to share with you this Card I made for our final challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions (JDE).  I've been part of their DT for nearly 4 months and enjoyed every minute of it but it's time for us to close the doors there---but wait, it opened a window of opportunity to create a new and wonderful challenge blog.  Many of JDE DT's  are going to be working there with our very first Challenge starting on January 6, 2013.  It's called 613 Avenue Create.  Please visit us and we would appreciate you following so that you'll not miss out on the fun.  Okay, back to this featured card, I used Robert Jackson's image called "A Hard Day's Work" and colored it with my ProMarker/Prismacolor and Spectrum Noir Markers.  This is a color Challenge so, I had to use gold, grey, red and white.  I believed I successfully combined those...I used a Kraft base CS measuring 5.5 inches.  The DP's are from DCWV, the lace from my stash and incorporated some dew drops.  I used an MS Punch to create that border and the great sentiment was a freebie from Create with TLC.  I can't believe how perfect that sentiment is for this image!  Inside the card, the corner punch is from Paper Shapers.  Like always, I finish up with stitching all over the card. 


 I NEED AN EIGHT DAY CARD:


  I NEED AN EIGHT DAY CARD LAYERS:


  I NEED AN EIGHT DAY CARD INSIDE:


 I NEED AN EIGHT DAY CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:

This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Pile it On---Pile on Embellishments
Paper Shelter---Anything Goes (1/3)
Stamp 'n' Doodle---Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky---Add Ribbon and or Lace 
Divas by Design---Anything Goes 
Tuesday Alchemy---Anything Goes 
Tuesday Morning Sketches---Anything Goes 
Make It Monday---Anything Goes 
Artistic Inspirations---Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody---Anything Goes 
Papelitos---Anything Goes 
Stampin' for the Weekend---Anything Goes/Use Stamp 
Totally Gorjuss---Easy Does It 
Aud Sentiments---Use Any Sentiment 
Delightful Challenges---Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey---Anything Goes 
ATC's and Cards with Attitude---Anything Goes 
Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude---Anything Goes
Wags 'n Whiskers---Anything Goes 
HIMCR---Anything but Christmas 
Ecclectic Ellapu---Anything Goes (3/3)

That's it for now and I am ready to start making my card for the Word Art Wednesday Challenge for tomorrow.  I can't believe I am crafting on Christmas Day.  Yet, someone has to do it!  Hugs and blessings!

12 comments:

  1. This is really nice. You color very artfully! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card. I like how you used lace.

    I saw you at MIM (my projects are 78 and 218).

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hugs, Keti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a chuckle out of your sentiment and image. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky, good luck

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fantastic, I need another day just to recover from the ones previous, I really like the background papers.

    Thank you for sharing it with Stamp 'n' Doodle.

    Have a very Merry Christmas.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and made me smile. She looks how I feel. Lol!!!

    I spotted you over at MIM and thought I would come for a closer look and I am glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic image beautifully coloured -I can relate to that sentiment lol, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! I'd love an 8th day in some of my weeks, too!!
    Thanks for sharing the true meaning of CHRISTmas!!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you color and put it altogether! It so works!! Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches for our special challenge, "Anything Goes"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - sometimes I think I could do with an 8th day!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Final Challenge of 2012 - Anything Goes.

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...