THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Scripture Series: Glory to God in the Highest Scallop Card---Join Us Again for Another Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Good morning, wonderful Crafters out there!  I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner but I do feel the hustle and bustle of this season because I am lacking more and more sleep each day due to the many things I needed to get done at the home and family, Church and all the projects/creations due each week in the Crafting world.  Because of that, it is easy to lose sight of why we celebrate this season yet, I am reminded each time I come across the scriptures that life here on earth is but temporary and that we ought to use our time wisely to fulfill what God has purposed us to do.  During some sleepless nights, while posting projects here on my Blog, I have moments of thinking what benefit does this little blog do to the few audience I have?  Yet, the Spirit of God speaks to my heart and gives the assurance that nothing we do for God would ever be wasted.  I may not hear from all the people that are touched by the things I share but my Father in Heaven knows them all by name.  And so, I push toward the goal, no matter how hectic things become, I know that His help is always there. 

So, what is the meaning of this season?  In my yesterday's post, I shared that the date we were made to believe as the birth of Christ is not truly the date He was born.  I can be dogmatic about it but instead,  I choose to take advantage of the season where people can at least focus on the fact that a Messiah was born, the Only One that can restore what man lost in the Garden of Eden and save people from eternal damnation.  So, who is JESUS?  Why is His name greater than any other name?  Let's see...He is the "promised seed" that crushed the head of Satan (Genesis 3:15).  He does not come from the line of Adam (sinner) as He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin. In the very beginning, He was spoken of as the Word that was with God and was God.  (John 1:1).  And that Word became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:14).  He is God incarnate---God that took on flesh.  Why?  Because no man with the sin of Adam (all of us came from Adam) is ever going to save humanity from eternal separation from God.  God has to come down to man and pay for the penalty of death for the treason which the first man has plunged us all into by siding with Satan.  Jesus paid the price once and for all---a perfect sacrifice, possible only by who He is---100% Man and 100% God.  Every false religion/belief here on earth seeks to attack the Divinity of Christ.  Why so?  By saying He's only man, Jesus would be tainted by the original sin and thus, will not qualify as our Redeemer.  Here are a few scriptures that would prove Jesus is God and He and the Father are One in both the Old and New Testament.

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:58)

"Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
God said to Moses, “I am who I am." This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’" (Exodus 3:13-14)

“You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am He. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no Savior. (Isaiah 43:10-11)

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

Oh, I love it when scriptures prove scriptures.  This is the test?  If you are in a religion or belief system that discounts Jesus as God, it's time to do some digging.  Your eternal life is at stake in what you chose to believe this day.  If you stumble upon the Truth, don't let go of it.  As long as you are breathing, you can come to the saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Please let me help you if you have any questions.

In honor of Jesus' birth, I would like to share with you this Card that I made for today's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  It highlights the free Word Art we are giving away in Luke 2:14.  I trust that after what I shared with you about the Deity of Christ, this verse will take on a whole new meaning.  You can download it for free together with an image from Daydream Designs at WAW Blog.  Now, if you have other cards that has uplifting messages, you are very welcome to enter those as well, up to 5 creations---so many chances to win.  Our sponsor for this week is Daydream Designs who will be giving away a $20 certificate to spend at her store as a prize for our Challenge winner.  Diane Noble (owner of Daydream Designs) has allowed us to highlight some of her wonderful images in this week's projects.  These cute family of owls came with a set of many owl digis called "Owl Always Love You" and are super affordable.  I can't resist featuring them in my non-traditional Christmas Card.  I colored them with my Promarker/Prismacolor /Spectrum Noir Markers and added some Diamond (Stickles) glitter on their wings.  I placed different sizes of googly eyes on them and they look even more adorable creating different expressions.  My base card is a scallop cut at 5.5 inches using my Cricut Wildcard Cartridge, DP's are from Paper Studio, white gems from Imaginisce and I used some pretty thick pop-dots for added dimension.  I paper-pieced a couple of the owls at each end to show more depth.  Lastly, I stitched all over.  I would love to hear any comments you have on this Card. 



 GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST SCALLOP CARD:


 GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST SCALLOP CARD LAYERS:


 GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST SCALLOP CARD INSIDE:


GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST SCALLOP CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:

This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

1.    Cards Galore---Christmas
2.    Make It Monday---Anything Goes 
3.    House of Gilli---Add a Sparkle 
4.    Kaboodle Doodles---Christmas/Holiday Anything Goes (2/3)
5.    Artistic Inspirations---Anything Goes 
6.    Eureka Stamps---Christmas Spirit 
7.    Eclectic Ellapu---Anything Goes
8.    Creatalicious---Sweet Christmas 
9.    Lady Bug Crafts Ink TLT---Anything Goes 
10.  Crafty Bloggers Network---Anything Goes
11.  There's Magic in The Air---Snowman or Anything Christmas 
12.  Crazy Challenge---Christmas Time 
13.  Digital Tuesday---Layers 
14.  Sparkles Monthly---Anything Goes (2/3)
15.  Squirrel and the Fox---Christmas 
16. Challenges 4 Everybody---Anything Goes
17.  Hybrid Chick---Holiday Card
18.  AUD Sentiments---Use Any Sentiment 
19.  Nutcrafters---Lots of Layers and Sparkle/Bling
20.  A and T---Anything Goes 
21.  Cardmakin Mamas---It's the Holidays 
22.  Tammy's Scrapin Corner---Anything Goes/Any Artist


Thanks for visiting my blog today and my prayer is that you gained a deeper understanding on the true meaning of this season---JESUS!  He is truly worthy of all our praise and adoration.  All glory to His Holy Name!

19 comments:

  1. Jo Ann not only do I appreciate your artistic talent but I whole heartedly appreciate you sharing your faith. I too am a believer in Jesus Christ. We are so blessed that we have a platform where we are able to share our faith without the fear of being harmed. Our main purpose here on earth is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thank you. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Ann, I am repeatedly astounded by your amazing talent and the breadth of your creativity! It is such an honor to be associated with such a talented designer and a person who keeps G-d at the head of her life!
    Be well,
    Chana Malkah Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo Ann, what a sweet and fun way to give glory to God. Love your fun rendition of the owls...especially the glittery wings. I like the way you matted the whole image for an outline effect.

    I do believe your posts matter and regardless of the size of the audience, even one...the right one reading your message may open the gift of heaven and salvation. So that is worth the effort. And even as a believer, reading your posts just blesses me so much. I love the depth of your love for Christ and the expressions of your wisdom and discernment. Your posts are a gift!

    If I don't get back around before Christmas, I do hope you will have a blessed Christmas with your family. May Jesus be at the center of it all and warm each heart this season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Ann, the card is spectacularlly unique, fun, colorful and your stitching is sew neat. ( a lttle play on words) Those owls are just too cute, each one a complete individual. Your work is excellent and you always give Him the glory for your talent. I am so glad to have met you and have the opportunity to see your work each week. Stay Blessed Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is really a stunning card. I really love how you always coordinate your cards with your envelopes!

    Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi jo Ann just wanted to stop by and say what a beautiful card you have created. The owls are just the sweetest and the sewing is perfect! Very beautiful!

    Hugs

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the layers & your stitching! The owls look fab with their googly eyes lol!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month also A&T Challenges, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute and original Christmas Card. Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo Ann this is adorable. Love the cute owl family. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Tammys Scrapin Corner. Good luck. Hugs Desíre {Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at CBN.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful card, love the owls with their googly eyes and the piece of scripture - very appropriate. Thanks for linking up with MIM this week.
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!

    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jo Ann
    I saw your lovely creation on MIM and came to take a closer look. What a stunning card! I absolutely LOVE it! Great backing paper and the owls are amazing too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice well done, thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. Such though has gone into this card and the owls are so full of character you can't help but smile.

    Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card. I love your fabulous embellishments and your colouring is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card design, the owls are really cute. Your sentiment is so apt for the season. Love the co-ordinating envelope as well. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspiration, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, thank you so much for sharing at Creatalicious Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing with us for Challenge #19: Christmas Spirit at Eureka Stamps Challenge! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Anything goes * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...