THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Scripture Series: Unto Us a child Is Born Easel Card--It's Time for an IAS Challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions...

Good morning, fellas! It's been a gloomy day here and I am facing my window looking for some inspiration while I post this.  It's easy to find those when the skies are perfectly blue and bright but I remember that I am not limited by what I can see with my physical eyes.  It may be hard to go beyond what your 5 senses tell you but I know that I have the Spirit of God in me, I can go beyond the physical realm and see the beauty that lies in the Spirit.  I am grateful that my God change not and that He is not affected by how gloomy my day is or how bright it can be.  The Bible declares in Malachi 3:6, ""For I am the Lord, I do not change."  Furthermore, Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  What a comfort it is to know that God does not change whatever the affairs of man has become.  He is faithfully true to His Word through the ages and the same will last eternally.  The scripture says in Matthew 24:35,  " Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."  So today, in a pretty gloomy day, I choose to see the bright side of things not in the physical but in the realm of the spirit.  I choose to look into God's perspective instead of focusing on my own.  There's so much things to learn from what Jesus Christ has shown us in His earthly life regarding God's wonderful plan for us if only we would look beyond what we cannot see.  I thank God for sending His Only Begotten Son to show me how to live this life  through His Sacrifice on the Cross.  I have all the inspiration I can get just solely based on that.

So, I made a card to inspire you to join us at the Inks and Such (IAS) Challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions (JDE).  The image is from Digi Darla Design that I colored with my ProMarker/Prismacolor Markers and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Walnut Stain.  This is the very first Christmas card I made this year.  I want to use some traditional colors and by using DCWV papers, it helped me achieve just that.  I used a 5.5 base Kraft CS, a burgundy ribbon from my stash, several white gems from Imaginisce and a verse from the Bible (Isaiah 9:6) which I computer generated.  The sentiment in the inside of the card is from Studio G stamps.  I stitched all over this Card to complete this card.  The Challenge is pretty laid back and you can join us with any project, with any coloring medium.  There's great prizes to be given away at the end of the week so, head on over to the JDE Blog to link your projects. This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

1.    Cards  Galore---Christmas
2.    Corrosive Challenge---Anything Goes (3/3) 
3.    Pile it On---Embellishments 
4.    Fussy and Fancy---I Love Christmas
5.    Make It Monday---Anything Goes 
6.    Tammy's Scrapin Corner---Anything Christmas
7.    Paper Playtime---Christmas Colors 
8.    Simon Says Stamp---Anything Goes
9.    Wags 'n Whiskers---Christmas
10.  Lexi's Creations---Christmas 
11.  Paper Shelter---Christmas is Coming 
12.  For Fun---Christmas with Sparkle

 UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN EASEL CARD:


  UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN EASEL CARD LAYERS:


  UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN EASEL CARD WHEN CLOSE:


  UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN EASEL CARD WITH MESSAGE SPACE:


 UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN EASEL CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:

Although the birth of Jesus didn't happen on the 25th of December literally, I know that my Savior was born for the purpose of saving mankind so I choose to look beyond the physical date, instead remember that day when a radiant God, emptied Himself to become flesh to dwell among us and save us.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!

20 comments:

  1. Oh my! Wow! I love this nativity scene. You've coloured it perfectly and the design fits just right with the image! You've done a fab job!
    Thank you so much for joining us for Tammys Scrapin Corner for our "Anything Christmas" challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next week!
    Sharon - DT of Tammys Scrapin Corner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card, you have colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Christmas."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is absolutely stunning! LOVE your beautifully colored nativity and I adore the scriptural sentiment! Just amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card you have created, I love how you have coloured that fabulous image. I always think the easel cards look so good and you have done this one beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    cardsbyladyanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for sharing your fabulous card with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!!! I so love your card. This digi is awesome! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a well-designed card - super papers and image! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely traditional looking card with just a cute edge. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so special - lovely work on the manger scene. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at the Pile it On Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful easel card, this is spectacular!! I love the image too, thanks for joining in at The Paper Shelter challenge, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful easel card and great image! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the SImon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Love your coloring. I need to try an Easel card. :) Thank you for joining us at For Fun Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful easel card, lovely manager image (wonderfully colored) and your design is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'Christmas' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, great design and lovely image.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card, thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's
    hugs, Valerie
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marvelous coloring on the manger scene, Jo Ann! So glad you chose to join our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner this week. Hope to see you playing along next week, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with us this week at Through The CraftRoom Door.
    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful easel card sharing the true meaning of Christmas, Thanks for linking up with MIM this week. Sorry I'm late commenting our daughter got married Sat and I've been pretty busy this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your card!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on - hope to see you this week for our new challenge black/White +one :) Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...