THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Scripture Series: I Will Give You Rest Card---Join Us for Bi-Weekly Anything Goes/Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday!

Hello there, friends!  Another couple of weeks passed and we are now starting another amazing Challenge at Word Art Wednesday (WAW).  Our Word Art Designer, Karen Murray never fails to bring us the most inspiring Word of God to highlight that not only brings inspiration and life to our creation but also lots of blessings for those who are reading our devotionals each Challenge. As the Holy Spirit is the Author of God's Word and He used many men to put together the Word of Truth, He is still the same Holy Spirit that works with our Designer Team at WAW to fulfill God's purpose by creating wonderful projects that shows the hope we have in Jesus Christ, our Lord!  He alone deserves all the glory.

I was just telling my hubby a couple of nights ago how God supplies everything I post in this Blog.  It's hard to explain but every time I sit down in front of the computer to make a post, most of the time, I really don't have anything specific in mind to share.  I just know that I needed to post something!  In the many times I thought I would not have anything, that's when I end up with a lengthy post...LOL  I know, it's bizarre!   Yet, one thing is clear to me.  I am sharing God's Word with a purpose and the desire didn't originate from me---God has placed it upon my heart!   I know  that I am just going to be His instrument in typing the message He wants us to see/hear.  My only part is to be there as He does all the work.  On my own, I cannot do anything (John 15:5) but with/in Christ, I can do all things!  (Philippians 4:13)

Anyway, today's Card highlights this Challenge's featured Word Art coming from Matthew 11:28 and is one of the verses that's been so true in my life.  It says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I would like to share the exhortation that I read from my Life Application Bible pertaining to this verse and the couple of verses that follows after.  I believe it conveys effectively why we need Almighty God in our lives.  It explains, "A yoke is a heavy wooden harness that fits over the shoulders of an ox or oxen.  It is attached to a piece of equipment the oxen are to pull.  A person may be carrying heavy burdens of (1) sin, (2) excessive demands of religious leaders, (3) oppression and persecution, or (4) weariness in the search for God.  Jesus frees people from all these burdens.  The rest that Jesus promises is love, healing and peace with God, not the end of all labor.  A relationship with God changes meaningless, wearisome toil into spiritual productivity and purpose.  

Jesus spoke that "His yoke is easy and His burden is light," in Matthew 11:30.  In what sense was Jesus' yoke easy?  The yoke emphasizes the challenges, work and difficulties of partnering with Christ in life.  Responsibilities weigh us down, even the effort of staying true to God.  But Jesus' yoke remains easy compared to the crushing alternative.  Jesus does not offer a life of luxurious ease---the yoke is still an oxen's tool for working hard.  But it's a shared yoke, with weight falling on bigger shoulders than yours.  Someone with more pulling power is up front helping.  Suddenly, you are participating in life's responsibilities with a great Partner---and now that frown can turn into a smile, and that gripe into a song."

How wonderful it is to partner with God.  I lived the first 20 years of my life without Him and in one faithful day after I made a conscious decision to accept His invitation to "Come to Him," things changed for the better, more than I could have imagined!  Today, many Christians all over the world are persecuted and are sentenced to a horrific death just because they made the same decision I did.  It  could have been easier to bow down to the whims of men to escape the horrors and be one with the world but like the earlier Christians, many have chosen to die for the sake of something every believer knew to be worth more than anything this world highly values.  If God is not first in your life, you will succumb to fear but if He is your priority and the Truth lives inside of you, fear will have no hold on you.  Every breathing moment I have in this world is for serving God and when God says it's time for me to reunite with Him, it will be a wonderful gain to be forever in His presence!  Unlike those who have no assurance (with beliefs that by killing the people of God, they may have a chance to eternal life), I am completely sure where I will be spending eternity when the time comes---in the loving arms of Christ!

For this Card, I used a flower image from Autumn Leaves (clear stamps) which I had for many years and I incorporated several Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters, Shaded Lilac, Old Paper, Worn Lipstick and Weathered Wood) to produce the color palette I wanted to stamp a couple of flowers.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  I used a border punch from Fiskars, a border stamp from Stampabilities for the stem and "Thinking of You" swirl, and the leaves from our sponsor this week (Simon Says Stamp - Oh Happy Day) are done with multiple stamping technique using Memento Ink (Green).  I added some Liquid Pearls (White Opal) and lastly, some wonderful stitching.  This gorgeous CAS design was made with an inspiration from one of the cards I saw from Maureen Merritt.  I seldom scraplift but the idea is wonderful and I could not resist.  Just had to add a few of my own trademark and walah---another beautiful creation.


                                                 I WILL GIVE YOU REST CARD:


                                           I WILL GIVE YOU REST CARD LAYERS:


                                             I WILL GIVE YOU REST CARD INSIDE:


                                   I WILL GIVE YOU REST CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX:


This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Pile It On---Stitching
Simon Says---ATG
Digi Choosday---Spring Colors
Digi Designs---For the Girls
Melonheadz---Throw on Flowers
Sisterhood of Crafters---Photo Inspiration
Crafty Addicts---ATG/Springtime
Inspiration Destination---ATG
TTCRD---ATG
Lemon Shortbread---ATG
Eureka---Spring is in the Air
Crafting from the Heart---ATG
Craft Your Passion---ATG
Crafty Friends---ATG
Corrosive---ATG
Crafty Gals---ATG
Artistic Inspirations---ATG
Sweet Stampin'---Swirls and Pearls
Creative Moments---ATG/Inspired by a Song
Crafty Sentiments---ATG

Time to go, everyone!  Please make sure to visit us at WAW and link up the projects you make out of our free Word Art although not mandatory.  You can link up any inspiring, uplifting, family-friendly projects, up to 5.  Our wonderful sponsor this week is  Simon Says Stamp ($25 voucher). So, head over to WAW and show us your wonderful projects.  Enjoy your week.  Always remember that God loves you and has a great plan for your life!  

25 comments:

  1. Oh Jo Ann you are so right - life without Jesus is pointless.
    Love your fabulous card - gorgeous crisp, clean lines and pretty colours
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this card with me! It's fabulous. I'm thrilled you were inspired by my card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your thoughts and sharing so many details in the creation of this card. It is beautiful, and I may be using some of these ideas in a future card. I really like the crisp look for spring! Thanks for joining the Eureka Spring is in the air challenge this week, and good luck. I look forward to seeing more card from you. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
    laurigami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the flowers, the edge, and the liquid pearls too. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps for our Spring is in the Air Challenge. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful make!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday challenges. Monica-DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Enjoyed the comments and I love participating in WAW challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your project and entering our Challenge
    I hope you can join us again for our next Challenge.
    Angie DT
    Craft Your Passion Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautuful card! Your flowers look great against the white background! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card with pretty flowers, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join today's new challenge too. Enjoy the weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. :-) Thankyou for joining us over at Di's Digi's for our 'One for the girls' challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your card. Fabulous creative design and colours are lovely. Thanks for sharing at our current challenge.xx

    {aNNie Crafty Friends Challenge DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Love the Bible verse that you used. Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation as always Jo Ann!!! I love every detail and the verse is what I need ! GBYM !!!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
    Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
    Lidia DT
    http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous creative design! The 3D flowers are so effective!
    Thanks so much for joining in at Di's Digis Challenge!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a sweet card. I love the lively colours on your flowers. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne. D.T.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love it. Thank you so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very pretty card Jo Ann. Great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the way you did your flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters! Hope you join us again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card and great design. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.
    Good Luck

    Jenna, DT
    Jenna's Design

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love those pretty flowers and beautiful color choices. Thanks so much for playing at Digi Choosday Spring Colors challenge. Hugs! Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...