THE BLESSINGS OF CREATIVITY...

I thank the LORD JESUS for each day that is given me to create wonderful projects...As always, I give Him all the glory.


Monday, June 20, 2016

Fun/Humor Series: One Super Power Card---It's Anything Goes with Optional Twist at 613 Avenue Create!

Hello everyone!  I'm here to highlight another  card for our Challenge at 613 Avenue Create with an optional twist of "Create a Tag."  I didn't play the twist and opted for a fun and humorous theme.  Anyway, I had a roller coaster weekend beginning with someone hitting my vehicle from behind while I was waiting to turn left on my way home last  Thursday afternoon.  It was only November of last year that I was also struck by someone who ran the red light while on my way to Church on a Sunday morning.  My 10  year old son was also with me in both accidents.  I praise God for His goodness and faithfulness for He kept us safe from any injury despite the damage to our vehicle.

One may think that accidents are just accidents but I know that in every destruction is a spiritual force that seeks to intimidate, harm or destroy a life/lives.  The Bible declares in John 10:10, "The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  As a believer, this takes an even greater meaning as we continue to serve the Lord and fulfill the purpose He has for us on earth.  Whether we are facing physical or spiritual threats, behind them are spiritual entities that seeks to progressively weaken and eventually destroy us.  What exactly do I mean by that?  Negative situations and life challenges may distract us from our focus on the spiritual task at hand and turn the focus on our situations and challenges.  The devil tries to rob us of our joy and passion to serve by keeping us emotionally invested on doubt and fear.  The accidents I encountered was something I haven't experienced and could have easily made me paranoid.  I thought to myself, no matter how careful I am behind the wheel and obedient to the traffic rules, there are still people our there that doesn't care.  This made me feel like staying home---not wanting to drive anywhere.

I tell you, these are real challenges that I had to conquer with the help of the Holy Spirit.  Our challenges may be over but it may leave us in turmoil mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  It is important that we deal with them so that we don't find ourselves spiritually incapacitated to fulfill the purpose God assigned to us.  God's Word declares in John 14:26-27, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  As a Born- Again believer (John 3:3) with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through faith in what He accomplished at the Cross, I am not exempted from the many challenges people encounter in life.  Like everyone, I am vulnerable to a wide range of emotions and I can choose to be defeated by these trials or overcome them by the power of God living inside of me.  The Holy Spirit reminds me of God's promises in His Word and replaces my fears and doubts with hope and the assurance of my Father's love.  And we know that trials can make or break us!  On my own, I don't stand a chance...But with my Lord Jesus with me, I will surely overcome!  I would like to encourage you with the following verses if you are in the midst of trials or still affected by trials of the past.  Meditate on God's promises and be set free to live the life God intended you to fulfill.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4)

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts."  (Romans 5:1-5)

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." (1 Peter 5:6-11) 

Anyway, on the lighter side of things, I created a fun and humorous card for this week's Challenge. I used an image from Art Impressions Girlfriends Stamps called "The Weigh In" and water colored it using Marvy Uchida Markers and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  The base is white CS, cut and scored to make a 5.5 inches square card.  The DP is from My Mind's Eye.  I used Fiskars Punch for the Lacy Border and Nestabilities for the Lacy Circle.  The stamps used for the flowers, is from Inque Boutique, the swirls from Stampabilities and the tickets from Inkadinkado.  I also added some glitters (Stickles-Crystal) and nail head gems from Imaginisce.  The sentiment in the ticket is computer generated and the main sentiment I got as a freebie from Create with TLC.  Lastly, I did some fancy and regular stitching all over this project.


ONE SUPER POWER CARD


 ONE SUPER POWER CARD LAYERS


 ONE SUPER POWER CARD SIDE VIEW


 ONE SUPER POWER CARD INSIDE


 ONE SUPER POWER CARD WITH ENVELOPE-BOX


 This Card is entered into the following Challenges:

Art Impressions---Aging with Attitude
Artistic Inspirations---ATG
Crafts Galore Encore---ATG
Crafting with an Attitude---ATG
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends---ATG
Paper Creator's---All About Flowers
Simon Says---Use Patterned Paper
Corrosive---Lots of Layers
Craft Your Passion---ATG
Crafting with Friends---ATG
Simply Papercraft---ATG
Craftyhazelnut's---Patterned Paper
Crafty Boots---Summertime
Love to Scrap---ATG
Dragonfly Dreams---Say it with Flowers
Fashionable Stamping---Beautiful Blooms
Glitter N Sparkle---ATG
OSAAT---Layer it Up
Penny Black---Flower Power


There you have it, folks!  Don't miss the opportunity to join our Anything Goes Challenge at 613 Avenue Create with an optional twist.  There's wonderful prize awaiting the winner from our  sponsor this week---RSD.  Can't wait to see what fabulous projects you're going to highlight this week.  I hope you have a wonderful week and know that through faith in what Jesus accomplished through the Cross, we have complete victory over whatever life may throw at us!  Thank you Lord... 

15 comments:

  1. LOL! Jo Ann I love the sentiment and that image! Funny! Absolutely love the Fitness Club tickets and, of course, the stitching! Good going toots!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Jo Ann - I have had to go back and do some spiritual clean-outs recently ... if i had not the enemy could have had a field day!!
    Love your card and I too would love that super power :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this card and SOOO agree with the sentiment, it's the only way i will get fit lol! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Anything Goes! Good Luck! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Made me smile. Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the tickets. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Card, Jo Ann. Love the tickets! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! - Patti (CYP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and fun card.
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more Flower power Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with friends, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, the sentiment really made me smile. Lovely colours, the cool blue and white design looks great against the colourful tops. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card and I love those images and that sentiment...it did make me smile! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us and for playing along with this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A real fun card, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best card ever! I wish I had that super power also! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion! - Rina, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay I want that super power too. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...